If You Need Food
All our clients meet eligibility requirements that closely follow those of The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) of the USDA. If you need food but are not sure if you meet the eligibility requirements listed below, or think you may qualify for special consideration, please call 908-788-5568 or come to the Food Pantry during our scheduled business hours to find out if you are eligible.
In order to receive food from the Flemington Area Food Pantry you may be asked to certify one of the following reasons.
You receive assistance from:
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) - Social Services Program
- SNAP/Food Stamps: Ran out/insufficient, Lost, Stolen, Not received
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income) NOT SOCIAL SECURITY
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children)
Or one of the following:
- Your family meets Low Income criteria (185% of Federal poverty level)
- You are a victim of a Disaster (Other - can be divorce, domestic violence, unusual expense, loss of employment, etc.)
You may be asked to provide proof that you are a resident of Hunterdon County.
FLEMINGTON AREA FOOD PANTRY CLIENT GUIDELINES
1. You are invited to visit the Pantry two times (2) per month.
2. The Pantry is open Monday through Thursday and alternate Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. Please check the Pantry calendar for dates and times.
3. The Pantry works hard to provide food for over 1,200 families in the county. If you are receiving Pantry food under fraudulent conditions you will be removed from the client register. If you use Pantry food for resale or refund you will also be removed from the client register.
4. If you need someone to pick up food for you due to an illness, please provide a signed note with your phone number to assist the Pantry in verifying your request.
If you are in need of emergency food or shelter please call the Hunterdon County Division of Social Services at 908-788-1300.